The New York Giants finished up their 4th training camp practice earlier today, and everything went according to schedule.
Every ten minutes the blow horn would go off and the players would move on to their next drill.
Overall, it was a pretty basic practice, consisting of a lot of walk throughs and warm up type drills.
Here are some specific notes from today’s practice.
- Play of the Day: Eli hit Rueben Randle on a deep post in an 11 on 11 drill that resulted in a touchdown. Eli threw the ball where only Randle could come down with it, and Randle made an acrobatic jumping catch and came down with it.
- Overall, Eli looked very efficient, hitting his receivers between the numbers on almost every throw.
- David Carr took most of the reps with the second team offense.
- Rookie Ryan Nassib has a funky, but quick delivery that delivers a strong ball. He was picked off twice today though. Once on an “In” route across the middle and the other on a “Go” route on the right sideline.
- David Wilson returned a kickoff for a touchdown during special teams drills.
- Newly acquired linebacker Aaron Curry intercepted a pass and returned it the other way for a touchdown.
- Victor Cruz caught the most passes of any Giants receiver.
- Jerel Jernigan made a few catches in the 11 on 11 drills.
- Aaron Ross played on the second string defensive unit.
- Jayron Hosely was on the third string defensive unit.
- Shaun Rogers looks like he eats 4 ball boys before each practice. He was by far the biggest player on the field today. Rogers lined up rookie Jonathan Hankins on the second team defensive line.
- Marvin Austin looked impressive in the 1-on-1 trench drills.
- Newly acquired kicker Josh Brown was booming kickoff attempts deep into the end zone, something Lawrence Tynes never did.
Follow me on Twitter: @mlukes14