I delayed the publication of this article due to the fantasy football scoring factory known as Monday Night Football, thanks to Drew Brees QB NO and Jimmy Graham TE NO. Every once in a while, Brees puts together a monster game that makes him look like the best QB in the NFL. The only thing that separates him from Rodgers QB GB and Brady QB NE are games like the St Louis debacle where you expected huge numbers and got 10 fantasy points in return. As for Graham, he’s hands down the best TE in football. He’s what Antonio Gates TE SD was 5 years ago, maybe even better. Let’s take a look at this week’s studs:
Week 12 Fantasy Studs
1. Drew Brees QB NO 363 passing/4 TDs/0 INTs/8 rushing/1 TD, dominant game.
2. Victor Cruz WR NYG 9 rec/157 yards/2 TDs, only 1 salsa dance due to the blowout. Mario who?
3. Wes Welker WR NE 8 rec/115 yards/2 TDs
4. Beanie Wells RB ARI 228 rushing/1 TD
5. Roy Helu RB WAS 164 total yards/7 rec/1 TD
6. Tom Brady QB NE 361 passing/3 TDs/0 INTs/28 rushing
7. Jimmy Graham TE NO 5 rec/84 yards/2 TDs, jogged off the field after a classless, vicious NYG hit. Stud.
8. Johnny Knox WR CHI 4 rec/145 yards/1 TD
9. Laurent Robinson WR DAL 7 rec/79 yards/2 TDs, Romo QB DAL really seems to like this guy
10. Roddy White WR ATL 10 rec/120 yards/1 TD
While the studs were thin this week, the studliest of the bunch really brought it. Now onto the guys who didn’t produce in Week 12:
Week 12 Fantasy Duds
1. Tyler Palko QB KC 167 passing/0 TD/3 INTs/1 FL, doesn’t get much worse than that.
2. Mike Wallace WR PIT 2 rec/17 yards, this guy is supposed to be a top 5 WR, with Ben’s broken thumb he can’t be trusted.
3. Vincent Jackson WR SD 2 rec/25 yards, monster games some weeks, duds others.
4. Matt Leinart QB HOU 57 passing/1 TD/o INT, injured and out for the season. here comes the Delhomme QB HOU era
5. Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT 193 passing/1 TD/1 INT, against a soft team you expected huge numbers. Thumb is a huge concern.
6. Philip Rivers QB SD 188 passing/ 1 TD/0 INT, what happened to Rivers’ mojo? What an off year for this guy
7. Jordy Nelson WR GB 4 rec/26 yards, ok maybe Jennings WR GB is the guy
8. Dez Bryant WR DAL 3 rec/35 yards, taking a back seat to Robinson WR DAL
9. Andre Johnson WR HOU 2 rec/22 yards, cutting the guy some slack since it’s his first game back. should be much higher on the list
10. Frank Gore RB SF 48 total yards/0 TDs
Going into the final week of most fantasy regular seasons, there’s few options out there but moves can still be made.
Must Add: Johnny Knox WR CHI, Dustin Keller TE NYJ, Maurice Morris RB DET, Toby Gerhart RB MIN
Must Drop: Matt Leinart QB HOU, Jahvid Best RB DET, Fred Jackson RB BUF, Chris Ogbonnaya RB CLE
Keep an Eye On: Kevin Smith RB DET, Jake Delhomme QB HOU
BUY: Drew Brees QB NO, Aaron Rodgers QB GB, Tom Brady QB NE, Wes Welker WR NE, Calvin Johnson WR DET, Jimmy Graham TE NO, LeSean McCoy RB PHI, Ray Rice RB BAL, Victor Cruz WR NYG
SELL: All Indinapolis players, Caleb Hanie QB CHI, Mark Sanchez QB NYJ, Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT
HOLD: Mike Wallace WR PIT, Kevin Smith RB DET, DeSean Jackson WR PHI
That wraps it up for Week 12. If you have 8 wins you should see a star next to your team. 7 wins you get one more and you’re in. 6 wins you must win to have an outside shot and anything less than that, you’re out. Good luck if you make the playoffs.