Round 1 of the fantasy football playoffs is in the books. Unfortunately, my squad lost after going up against Drew Brees QB NO, Ryan Grant RB GB, Laurent Robinson WR DAL, Detroit DEF etc. These 4 alone combined for 87 fantasy points in my league. After a poor plug-and-play of Alex Smith QB SF I just couldn’t overcome such a deficit. I’ll be back next year though, can’t win ‘em all.
If you’re still in it, there’s only 4 teams and 2 weeks left to go in the fantasy football season. Before we move on to the info that will get you to the ‘ship, let’s take a look back at the studs and duds of Week 14
Week 14 Fantasy Studs:
1. Maurice Jones-Drew RB JAX 136 total yards/6 rec/4 TDs, this oompa loompa saved his best game of the season for the right time
2. Rob Gronkowski TE NE 6 rec/160 yards/2 TDs, set the record for most TD receptions by a TE, it’ll be between him and Jimmy Graham TE NO as far as the #1 TE off the board in 2012
3. Marques Colston WR NO 7 rec/105 yards/2 TDs
4. Julio Jones WR ATL 3 rec/104 yards/2 TDs
5. Shonn Greene RB NYJ 187 total yards/ 1 TD
6. Tony Romo QB DAL 321 passing/4 TDs/0 INT, wasn’t good enough to beat the G-Men though
7. Matt Ryan QB ATL 320 passing/4 TDs/0 INT, if only we saw more of this from Matty Ice
8. Ryan Grant RB GB 98 total yards/1 rec/2 TDs
9. Brandon Jacobs 101 rushing/2 TDs
10. JAX DEF 14 PA/3 Sack/3 INT/4 Fum rec/2 TDs, if you started them or DET you probably won this week
Week 14 Fantasy Duds
1. Hines Ward WR PIT 1 rec/6 yards/1 FL, negative points for the aging wideout
2. Kevin Kolb QB ARI 2 passing yards/0 TD/0 INT, knocked out early. well worth that big contract…pause…NOT!
3. Jeremy Maclin WR PHI 1 rec/13 yards
4. Ahmad Bradshaw RB NYG 19 total yards/1 rec
5. Greg Jennings WR GB 2 rec/20 yard, knee injury knocking him out of commission for the rest of fantasy playoffs
6. Beanie Wells RB ARI 30 total yards/0 TD
7. Ryan Fitzpatrick QB BUF 176 passing/0 TDs/2 INTS/26 rushing
8. Willis McGahee RB DEN 36 total yards
9. Calvin Johnson WR DET 3 rec/40 total yards/0 TD, not so mega for Megatron
10. Alex Smith QB SF 175 passing/0 TD/0 INT/ -3 rushing
Dishonorable mention: Arian Foster RB HOU 74 total yards/1 FL
Some big names on the duds list this week. Guys you counted on all season didn’t come up big when most needed. When Shonn Greene is near the top of the studs list, you know there are going to be some big names on the dud list.
With injuries in Week 14 there are some must add/must drop players
Must Add: Donald Driver WR GB, Felix Jones RB DAL, Demaryius Thomas WR DEN
Must Drop: DeMarco Murray RB DAL (IR out for season), Greg Jennings WR GB (knee injury, out for at least 2 games)
Keep an Eye on: Jake Locker QB TEN (I’m drafting this guy late in 2012 as a backup. He has shown flashes of brilliance when he gets the chance to play. His highlight TD run showed just how athletic this kid is)
There’s only 2 more Fantasy Football Wrap-Ups coming in 2011. If you’re still in it, best of luck to you. Be sure to check your lineups for injuries/suspensions etc. I dropped the ball myself a few weeks ago with DeSean Jackson WR PHI which cost me a win, a first round bye, and now here I am without a team in the playoffs. It’s scary how much one player can make or break your season.